All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent discussions about worship are often driven by pragmatics and personal preferences rather than by the teaching of Scripture. True worship, however, is a response to God's gracious revelation; in order to be acceptable to God, worship must be experienced on God's terms. In this volume, respected Old Testament scholar Daniel Block examines worship in the Bible, offering a comprehensive biblical foundation and illuminating Old Testament worship practices and principles. He develops a theology of worship that is consistent with the teachings of Scripture and is applicable for the church today. He also introduces readers to a wide range of issues related to worship. For the Glory of God is illustrated with diagrams, charts, and pictures to help the Scriptures come alive for readers and make the concepts discussed understandable. It will benefit professors and students in seminary-level worship and Bible courses, pastors, and church leaders.
- Author BiographyDaniel I. Block (DPhil, University of Liverpool) is Gunther H. Knoedler Professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois.
- Author(s)Daniel I. Bock
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.