All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to your new obsession, says Becky Albertalli, author of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, about this raw, honest YA debut celebrating music, friendship, romance, and life on the road. Charlotte Huang is an author to watch! This fast-paced and funny debut had me hooked from page one. Like your new favorite song, this is a story that stays with you! Morgan Matson, New York Times bestselling author of The Unexpected Everything Chelsea thought she knew what being a rock star was like . . . until she became one. After losing a TV talent show, she slid back into small-town anymity. But one phone call changed everything Now she s the lead singer of the band Melbourne, performing in sold-out clubs every night and living on a bus with three gorgeous and talented guys. The bummer is that the band barely tolerates her. And when teen hearthrob Lucas Rivers take an interest in her, Chelsea is suddenly famous, bringing Melbourne to the next level t that they re happy about that. Her feelings for Beckett, Melbourne s bassist, are making life even more complicated. Chelsea only has the summer tour to make the band and their fans love her. If she doesn t, she ll be back in Michigan for senior year, dying a slow death. The paparazzi, the haters, the grueling schedule . . . Chelsea believed she could handle it. But what if she can t? *** Going on tour with Chelsea and the Melbourne guys made me feel like I was onthe best summer break of my life. Once you start reading For the Record, you won t want to stop! Leila Sales, author of This Song Will Save Your Life A fresh look atteenage stardomand the music industry that avoids gimmicks and cliched plotlines in favor of realistic characters and a heartfelt love of the subject. I adored hanging out with Chelsea and the boys of Melbourne when they felt the music, I felt it, and when they were off their game, so was I. Fun, fast, and colorful, this book isn t just for music lovers, it s for anyone who ever looked at a band onstage and thought, I wonder what that would be like. Francesca Zappia, author of Made You Up A pitch-perfect andutterly addictivedebut. Pure escapist fun! Michelle Krys, author of Hexed
- Author BiographyCHARLOTTE HUANGis the author of For the Record and Going Geek (Fall 2016).Shegrew up near Boston, graduated from Smith College, and received an MBA from Columbia Business School. She lives in Los Angeles. When not glued to her computer, she cheers her two sons on at sporting events and sometimes manages to stay up late enough to check out bands with her music-agent husband. Visit Charlotte online at charlottehuangbooks.com and follow Charlotte on Instagram & @charlottexhuang on Twitter. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Charlotte Huang
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.