Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $27.03Trending at AU $28.21
About this product
- DescriptionWouldn't it be cool to suddenly have the battle skills of a seasoned warrior? Wouldn't that be even better if the battles felt real but there was physical risk to you? Wouldn't it be perfect if the hyptist in charge of your session was t insanely evil and using you as a weapon in a plot for revenge? Four friends, two in love, two in hate enter into a Group Hypsis study attempting to introduce fantasy adventures to small groups. They are promised a video game type of adventure rescuing an Elf Queen from her crystal prision as elf warriors, a sorceress and a fairy. As soon as they fall under the good doctors spell they begin to realize the adventure is more real than they could have ever imagined. They find themselves in a hostile world they can't seem to escape from. When Nicole Waters' boyfriend Tom becomes ill the prominent St Louis Assistant DA is forced to take Tom's best friend Jack Tyler, a local travel agent on a business vacation. Certain she's discovered the next hot trend in adventure vacations Nicole takes Jack and two others; Sarah Sims, a shy nurse practioner and Todd Hopper, a professional hockey player into a test program for group hypsis. They travel to a small town in the middle of Kansas to meet Dr. Strong, the psychologist researching group hypsis at his clinic . Undaunted by the fact that the so called clinic is housed in an ancient looking run down hotel and Dr. Strong's creepy assistants the group is eager to get started with their 'adventure'. Dr. Strong introduces the soon to be adventurers to an equipment filled gym explaining, The wall of netting might become a series of vines or perhaps the side of a rock cliff. The weight machine will serve as stimulus if you are required to lift or push a heavy object. The stair climber will act as a tree, fortress wall or perhaps a rock incline you must scale. He then offers Nicole and her friends a mild sedative to aid in their simultaneous entry into hypsis. Yet instead of experiencing an action packed fantasy adventure akin to a video game quest; they find themselves trapped in a deadly world of elves and monsters that is more real than they could ever imagine; where a cry for help goes unanswered.
- Author BiographyI've been writing books since I was a child. I've had an overactive imagination since I can remember and found the best way to lull myself to sleep at night was to lay and think of new endings to my favorite movies or better yet take a minor character from a movie or book and create a story around them. I've always loved science fiction, one of my first memories of watching TV was of a young Captain Kirk in some kind of trouble. It wasn't easy being an expert trekkie in high school. But once I discovered Ray Bradbury the sky was the limit. I moved on to fantasy with great authors like Tolkien, Terry Brooks and RA Salvatore. Eventually it occurred to me to start putting my stories in writing. I am constantly amazed at how my stories seem to write themselves. I write like most people read. Once a story is done, I am lost until I begin another. I currently live in a small town at the base of the beautiful mountains in Utah. I couldn't ask for a more inspiring venue. My website is alainastanford.intuitwebsites.com come and visit me!
- Author(s)Alaina Stanford
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.