All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionForced-Flow Layer Chromatography takes a close look at the specifics of forced-flow layer chromatography techniques, from their evolution to the nuances of using these techniques in a variety of applications where traditional thin-layer chromatography (TLC) and high-performance thin-layer chromatography (HPTLC) are t as effective. This book presents a number of variations of TLC techniques, with special emphasis on the overpressured-layer chromatography (OPLC) technique and newer developments such as the BioArena System for biomedical analysis. The versatility of these forced-flow techniques opens up new avenues for the analysis of a large number of samples for high-throughput screening and for the analysis of very complex matrices, while the development of BioArena extends the use of these techniques to challenging new areas of bioanalysis.
- Author BiographyDr. Erno Tyihak's primary scientific achievements include the discovery of the formaldehyde cycle and formaldehydome system, the quadruple immune response of plants to pathogens, the unique role of endogenous formaldehyde and ozone in the antibiotic effect and the double effect of trace elements similar to trans-resveratrol. He was an early adopter of thin-layer chromatography methods and has been instrumental in moving the field forward, ultimately developing different patented versions of overpressured-layer chromatography, widely known as one of the most efficient separation techniques. Most recently he has invented the BioArena system, which integrates layer chromatographic separation with biological detection capabilities to explore in vivo phenomena such as the immunization of plants in greenhouse conditions. He holds PhD and DSc degrees from the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. He is Honorary Ass. Professor at the Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, as well as Honorary Professor at the University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary, and he was until recently a Scientific Advisor at the Plant Protection Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences Budapest, Hungary.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1290 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEmil Mincsovics,Erno Tyihak
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.