Foreign Direct Investment in Japan: Multinationals' Role in Growth and Globalization by Ralph Paprzycki, Kyoji Fukao (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $108.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForeign Direct Investment in Japan presents a detailed examination of trends of inward foreign direct investment (FDI) and their impact on the Japanese ecomy. Historically much less open to foreign trade and investment than other major ecomies, Japan experienced an unprecedented jump in FDI inflows around the turn of the millennium. This book looks at the profound changes in Japan that made this jump possible and considers foreign firms' potential contribution to productivity and overall ecomic growth. Detailed case studies illustrate that in certain sectors the presence of foreign firms already is a key factor shaping industry dynamics. Yet, despite recent changes, resistance to inward FDI remains strong and the government could do much more if it were committed to attracting FDI. Overall, Japan continues to appear reluctant to embrace fully, and therefore seems unlikely to benefit even more substantially from, globalization.
- Author BiographyRalph Paprzycki is a Research Fellow at the Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, Japan. He has also taught at Sophia University in Tokyo. Dr Paprzycki's book Interfirm Networks in the Japanese Electronics Industry was published in 2005. He obtained his doctorate in economics from the London School of Oriental and Asian Studies. Kyoji Fukao is Professor and Director of the Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, Japan. A former Councillor of Hitotsubashi University, he has also served as a Faculty Fellow of the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry in Japan since 2001 and Chief Research Fellow in the Asian Study Division of the Japan Center of Economic Research since 2004. Professor Fukao coauthored Foreign Direct Investment and the Japanese Economy with Tomofumi Amano in 2004 and has published articles in journals such as the Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, and the Journal of the Japanese and International Economies.
- Author(s)Kyoji Fukao,Ralph Paprzycki
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/03/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note31 b/w illus. 16 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.15New
- AU $21.21New
- AU $24.85New
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.52New
- AU $32.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $16.85Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $79.14Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.