Forensic Assessments in Criminal and Civil Law: A Handbook for Lawyers by Oxford University Press Inc (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $124.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $246.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the vast majority of criminal and civil lawyers must at some time come into contact with a forensic mental health evaluation, either when requested by their side or by opposing counsel, most do not know enough about the practice to be informed consumers. Forensic assessments can vary widely based on the assessor's personal preferences, and while there are clearly defined best practices for most evaluations, there is no official process by which legal professionals can guarantee these practices are being followed. Designed to meet the specific needs of lawyers, Forensic Assessments in Criminal and Civil Law: A Handbook for Lawyers provides insight into what to expect from forensic mental health evaluations and how to navigate these assessments with skill and competence. The volume is divided into sections by evaluation type: criminal, civil, and juvenile and family evaluations. Each chapter addresses one of the most commonly requested forensic evaluations and is written by a forensic psychologist with both academic and professional experience with that type of evaluation. Specific evaluation types discussed include competence to stand trial in adults and juveniles, criminal responsibility, violence risk in adults, jury selection, eyewitness identification, personal injury claims, civil commitment, workplace disability, child custody, juveniles' risks and needs, and more. This handbook is a comprehensive, one-stop resource for lawyers, judges, and other legal professionals seeking to further their knowledge of forensic assessments.
- Author BiographyRonald Roesch is Professor of Psychology and Director of the Mental Health, Law, and Policy Institute at Simon Fraser University. Dr. Roesch is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and is on the Board of Directors of the International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services. He has served as Editor of Law and Human Behavior and Psychology, Public Policy, and Law. He is a Past-President of the American Psychology-Law Society and was the recipient of the Society's Distinguished Contribution to Psychology and Law Award. Patricia A. Zapf is Associate Professor of Psychology at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, The City University of New York. Dr. Zapf is the editor of the American Psychology-Law Society Book Series and Associate Editor of Law and Human Behavior. She is also a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, an Advisory Board Member for the International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services, and an Editorial Board Member for Psychology, Public Policy, and Law and International Journal of Forensic Mental Health.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width185 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byPatricia A. Zapf,Ronald Roesch
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.