All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe utilization of footwear impression evidence continues to evolve with new materials, equipment and techniques, providing an increased ability to detect, record, enhance, and examine this form of evidence. Recently developed techlogy w allows investigators to more efficiently or, in some cases, instantly link multiple crime scenes where impressions have been produced by the same perpetrator. Forensic Footwear Evidence covers a wide range of relevant topics, including historical references, general information about the formation and investigative use of footwear impressions, and the best practices and considerations that apply to the recovery, enhancement, and examination of this evidence. Drawing on the author's 44 years of acquired kwledge and experience, it is the most comprehensive and authoritative text published to date on this topic. Highlighted topics covered within the book include * Three chapters covering footwear manufacturing * Shoe grading, sizing, and the forensic application of sizing information * Examination and reporting procedures * Casting impressions in sw * Barefoot evidence * Topics of interest for both prosecution and defense attorneys The book includes more than 300 color photographs and illustrations throughout, as well as case examples that apply theoretical concepts to the real world. A single, complete reference on the subject, Forensic Footwear Evidence presents a wide range wealth of information that will serve as an invaluable reference to vice and experienced examiners, crime scene technicians, investigators, and prosecution and defense counselors alike.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Bodziak holds an MS in forensic science and has spent over 44 years in the field of footwear and tire evidence. He created the first technical conferences on footwear and tire evidence held in 1983 and 1984, taught the subsequent forensic footwear courses at the FBI Academy, and organized the first International Symposium on Footwear and Tire evidence at the FBI Academy in 1994. He has instructed classes in the forensic examination of footwear and tire evidence on over 150 occasions throughout the United States and in other countries and has provided testimony on over 500 occasions in the US, Canada, South Africa, Israel, Guam, Saipan, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. He has written three other books, several book chapters, and many journal articles. He has been an active member and participated in numerous professional organizations throughout his career.
- Author(s)William J. Bodziak
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePractical Aspects of Criminal & Forensic Investigations
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note361 colour illustrations
- Weight1363 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.