Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $125.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe forensic nurse has a powerful role in medical-legal investigations. Going beyond the nurse's traditional role, forensic nurses are often at the forefront of evidence collection and preservation. They can maintain an evidentiary chain of custody, testify as an expert witness in a court of law, care for victims, assist victims' families, and work with the community and law enforcement by providing educational programs. Forensic Nursing: A Concise Manual presents practical information directed at the range of activities that forensic nurses perform, offering guidelines for examining and correlating medical, psychological, ethical, and legal data specific to victims. The First Forensic Nursing Text to Offer a Full Range of Instructor's Materials The book begins with an introduction to the fields of forensic nursing and forensic science. It discusses crime scene and death investigation, evidence collection, autopsies, legal issues, and ethics. It examines the nursing process as an organizational tool for identifying both the medical needs of the victim and the legal aspects of crime scene investigation. The authors pinpoint the role of the forensic nurse in an array of incident scenarios, including nursing home death, excited delirium syndrome, blunt and sharp force injuries, gunshot wounds, asphyxia, child abuse, sexual assault, and intimate partner violence. They also explore human trafficking and the forensic nurse's role in mass disasters. Lastly, the book provides emergency room recommendations, discusses profiling and forensic anthropology, and offers guidance on working with grieving family members. Using a succinct outline format, the text is complemented by illustrative flowcharts and references in each chapter for further study. With contributions by table forensic specialists, this volume shows the potential of this exciting new field and demonstrates how forensic nurses can make a difference in their communities and their profession.
- Author BiographyDonna Garbacz Bader and Sue Gabriel are associate professors at Bryan LGH College of Health Sciences, School of Nursing in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/09/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note90 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDonna M. Garbacz Bader,L. Sue Gabriel
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.