All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWatch Dr. Helen Farrell's TEDx Talk on Creating Hope for Mental Health Forensic Psychiatry: Essential Board Review is an invaluable study guide for those doctors preparing for the forensic psychiatry board exam or seeking recertification. The text is a concise and practical aid for mastering forensics, making key principles easy to understand and memorize. The book is divided into four sections. The first section, Board Examination Tips and Pitfalls, offers you important advice on everything from registering for the examination to effective studying techniques to the power of embracing a positive attitude. The second section, High Yield Notes, provides a broad review of important topics in forensic psychiatry including forensic ethics as well as civil and criminal issues. The third section, Legal Cases, contains a concise review of important mental health legal cases. The last section, Board-Style Questions, includes more than 100 board-style questions along with answers and detailed explanations for self-assessment. Although the book focuses primarily on forensic psychiatrists, a larger audience can benefit from reading it including psychologists, social workers, crimilogists, general psychiatrists, medical students, and attorneys or law students interested in mental health law.
- Author BiographyHelen M. Farrell is a forensic psychiatrist on staff at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts and an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Farrell has presented nationally to diverse groups including members of the American Psychiatric Association, the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, and the American Bar Association. She has published widely in academic journals and books on the topics of psychiatry and forensic psychiatry. In addition, her work has appeared in JAMA and various media and newspaper outlets, including KevinMD.com, Psychology Today, and The New York Times.
- Author(s)Helen Mavourneen Farrell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note11 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.