All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVan Laar and Akca's popular text book, Forest Mensuration, was first published in 1997. Like that first edition, this modern update is based on extensive research, teaching and practical experience in both Europe, and the tropics and subtropics. However, it has also been extensively revised, and w includes chapters on remote sensing and the application of aerial photographs and satellite imagery. The book assumes advanced kwledge of statistical methods, and combines practical techniques with important historical and disciplinary context. The result is a strong balance between a handbook and a valuable reference.
- Author BiographyANTHONIE VAN LAAR was born in the Netherlands in 1923 and studied forest science at the University and Research Centre Wageningen between 1941 and 1949. In 1958 he emigrated to South Africa and obtained the D.Sc.degree in Forest Science at the University of Stellenbosch (1961) and thereafter Dr.oec.pub (1973) and Dr.hab. (1979) at the University of Munich. The theses dealt with forest biometry and growth modeling. Since his retirement in 1988 the author continued his involvement in these subjects, more particularly in growth models for Eucalyptus grandis. ALPARSLAN AKCA (born 1936) studied forestry at the University of Istanbul an Freiburg i. Br. He received his doctorate in Forestry at the University of Freiburg on identification of land use classes and forest types by means of microdensitometer and discriminant analyses in 1970 and his habilitations in photogrammetry and geodesy at the University of Istanbul in 1976 and in forest inventory and forest management at the University of Gottingen in 1981. He is Professor for Forest Management, Forest Inventory and Remote sensing at the University of Gottingen and retired 2001. His main research interest are forest mensuration. Forest inventory and remote sensing in forestry.
- Author(s)Alparslan Akca,Anthonie van Laar
- Date of Publication19/11/2010
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleManaging Forest Ecosystems
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.