All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can you use the Forest School ethos for the benefit of all your students? Forest School is w being used with a wide range of different age groups and in many different settings, and it can address issues such as obesity, public health and social wellbeing. This book includes case studies that will help to demonstrate how to run Forest School sessions with: - children in older primary classes - secondary schools - children in urban environments - special schools - young people in residential homes - school refusers - young people who have been excluded - adults with autistic-spectrum disorders - family centres. Anyone interested in how to implement the Forest School ethos in their learning environment will be enthused and inspired by this book. Sara Knight is an experienced early years educator and Senior Lecturer at Anglia Ruskin University. She is a trained Forest School practitioner and author of Forest Schools and Outdoor Learning in the Early Years and Risk and Adventure in Early Years Outdoor Play (both published by SAGE).
- Author BiographySara Knight is a teacher and Forest School leader. She contributes to the development Forest School in the UK, publishing academic papers and books on the subject, and is a keynote speaker at conferences worldwide. Since retiring as a University lecturer she continues to play in the woods and write about it.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySara Knight
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.