All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Laing's vels, Forest Spirit, Forest Shadows and Forest Secrets, are drawn from his experiences gained teaching Aboriginal children and mixing with their parents and the general bush community. Based on these experiences, he has created a young Aboriginal girl, who finds herself involved in a series of exciting Tasmanian adventures. A rhotosaurus, a phantom kid, a ghost mountain and a Bushman Extraordinaire, called Reginald Blowhard, all come together to form David Laings latest tale, Forest Secrets, the third book in the trilogy for young adults. The protaginist is a young Aboriginal girl called Jars, who, along with her faithful dog, Shadow and her tearaway cousin, Sok, embark on an adventure neither will forget.
- Author BiographyDavid Laing, a retired teacher and School Principal, is now a full-time published author. His teaching took him to South Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania. During that time, in addition to studying Aboriginal Studies 1,2 and 3 at the Adelaide University, he also taught Aboriginal students of various ages-children and adults-and over that time learned a great deal about the Aboriginal culture. This provided him with the background to write his novels. Currently, David lives in Deloraine, Tasmania, with his wife Wendy and dog Jesse. He is now writing a fourth Young Adult novel.
- Author(s)David Laing
- PublisherJoJo Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJoJo Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight212 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.