All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs global demand for forest products increases, conserving biodiversity has become more urgent and challenging. Forestry and Biodiversity advocates adaptive management - a structured approach to learning by doing - to sustain biodiversity in managed forests. It draws on the theory and principles of conservation biology and forest ecology and illustrates them, and the challenges they pose, through a practical, real-world study of commercial forestry in a coastal temperate rainforest. This book will be of interest to those who plan, or hope to influence, forest practices and the future of the environment.
- Author BiographyFred L. Bunnell is a professor emeritus of forestry and conservation biology at the University of British Columbia. Glen B. Dunsworth is a forest ecology and conservation biology consultant.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note20 b&w photos, 20 tables, 35 charts, 4 maps
- Weight553 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byFred L. Bunnell,Glen B. Dunsworth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.