All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe remarkable photographs in Forever Engand were taken at Bekonscot Model Village in Beaconsfield. Initially built by a London accountant to entertain his house guests, it opened to the public in 1929 and is the oldest model village in the world, welcoming close to 200,000 visitors each year. Now a world famous folly, it stands as a tribute to English eccentricity, humour, determination and craftsmanship. Its particular charm is that it presents a vision of England firmly rooted in an idyllic 1930s timewarp. Yet it is its quirkiness that Bailey has captured so stunningly. In wonderful tableaux of everyday life he creates an extraordinarily rich and powerful sense of character and atmosphere. Bekonscot's miniature population of 3,000 people and 300 animals becomes real, their lives frozen in time, as we are carried back to an England we all kw and long for - an England of our imaginations - when life was simple, secure, unchanging.
- Author BiographyLiam Bailey is a London based photographer whose clients include major international companies. His work has also appeared in many magazines including The Independent, The Guardian, and Conde Nast Traveller.
- PublisherDewi Lewis Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2006
- Place of PublicationStockport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDewi Lewis Publishing
- Weight440 g
- Width134 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Photographer(s)Liam Bailey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.