All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores young adult fictions stories about being young, staying young and sometimes never wanting to grow up. Looking at controversial vels by Francesca Lia Block, at sex and race in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and at the online world of fans and censors, Chris Richards argues that attempts to classify and regulate what counts as young adult have failed, and shows how youth as intense, exciting and tormented draws audiences unconstrained by age. Throughout the book, the narratives of life as lived by the young emerge as the stuff of the self made and remade in reading, watching and listening. Fascinating and accessible, Forever Young will be of particular interest to students and teachers concerned with contemporary popular culture in cultural, media, literature and education studies courses.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Chris Richards is Reader in Education at London Metropolitan University. He has a Ph.D. in media education from the University of London, and is the author of Teen Spirits: Music and Identity in Media Education (1998).
- Author(s)Chris Richards
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIntersections in Communications & Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.