All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this rich and elegantly presented interdisciplinary study, the theme is the impact of iron techlogy on the material and cultural life of ancient Israel. The author argues that iron itself and the processes of ironworking functioned as dominant cultural symbols, conveying meanings about significant transformations that established Israel's social and religious identity. This wide-ranging mograph is particularly valuable for its integration of material about ironworking in traditional African societies, anthropological theories on symbolism and archaeological information on the development of iron techlogy in the Near East.
- Author Biography'Paula McNutt is Professor in the Department of Religious Studies, Canisius College, New York.
- Author(s)Paula McNutt
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight443 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.