All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionForgiving others and humbly asking for forgiveness are central disciplines for all Christian believers. Lent, a time to reflect on our Christian journey, is an appropriate time to deepen our understanding and practice of forgiveness. Marjorie J. Thompson, author of the best-selling book Soul Feast, takes a close look at our understanding of forgiveness in this encouraging study. In six brief chapters, Thompson addresses such questions as the following: * Is forgiveness a Christian duty under all circumstances? Or are there situations when Christians do t need to forgive?* Is forgiveness a matter between individuals, or is it meaningful only in the context of communities?* Is forgiving the best route to healing for the injured?* How do we get past emotional barriers to real forgiveness? Using biblical examples and real-life situations, Thompson illustrates each chapter's theme in an informative and engaging way. A study guide is also included at the back of the book that is appropriate for either individual reflection or group discussion. With clarity, insight, and sensitivity, this book is the perfect resource for examining both our ability to forgive and our own need for forgiveness.
- Author BiographyMarjorie J. Thompson is author of the best-selling book Soul Feast: An Invitation to the Christian Spiritual Life. A Presbyterian pastor, she spent thirteen years as Director of Congregational Spirituality with Upper Room Ministries. She currently does freelance work in retreat leadership, teaching, and writing.
- Author(s)Marjorie J. Thompson
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/01/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.