Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 15 Mar
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- Est. delivery by 2 Mar
- AU $7.00+ AU $7.85 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by thingsmostneeded
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this groundbreaking book Stephanie Dowrick reconsiders the six great humane virtues that can literally transform the way we see ourselves and others; the way we meet and move through difficulties or grief; the way that we can newly appreciate and treasure our own and others' gift of life. Starting with the essential quality of courage, Stephanie Dowrick also unpicks and makes newly relevant the timeless qualities of fidelity, restraint, generosity, tolerance and - finally - forgiveness. None of these transformative qualities, as she shows, are learned in the abstract. Until they are brought to life through daily existence they remain thing but high ideals. But when lived, and especially when lived in the grit of difficult or challenging moments, they are profoundly life giving and supportive. Using a range of stories including her own, together with a rare breadth of psychological and spiritual experience and insight, Stephanie Dowrick offers a book that can illuminate some of life's toughest questions and restore your faith in what really matters.
- Author BiographyStephanie Dowrick, PhD, has the rare distinction of writing critically acclaimed fiction and non-fiction that have also been best sellers. Her books include Intimacy and Solitude, The Universal Heart, Choosing Happiness: Life and Soul Essentials, Creative Journal Writing and In the Company of Rilke. Formerly a publisher and founder of The Women's Press, London, she has for many years been writing, teaching and leading retreats on a variety of key contemporary spiritual, psychological and ethical issues while also working therapeutically with individuals and groups in a variety of settings. Stephanie has been writing the 'Inner Life' column in Good Weekend since 2001. Stephanie is also an ordained Interfaith Minister and an Adjunct Fellow with the Writing and Society Research Group at the University of Western Sydney. She has lived with her family in Sydney since 1983.
- Author(s)Stephanie Dowrick
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication02/01/2010
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight355 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.