All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForgotten Ways for Modern Days draws on the wisdom of the homemakers, gardeners, crafters and kitchen alchemists of the past who kept homes clean, gardens in order and hands busy using natural products and items found close to hand, either around the house or in the garden. Ingredients from kitchen cupboards, picked from the veg patch or foraged from hedgerows were used to clean clothes, cure a chesty cough and freshen the skin, whilst scraps of fabric were recycled in endless useful ways. With sections on Cleaning, Laundry, The Kitchen, In the Garden, Natural Health, and Beauty, Forgotten Ways for Modern Days brings this kwledge up to date and shares with the reader clever tips that make as much sense today, such as how to brighten your whites by putting eggshells in your wash. as well as an array of handy projects, including how to make Re-usable Beeswax Food Wrap, a Honey and Lemon Throat Soother and a Bits and Bobs Eiderdown.
- Author BiographyRachelle Blondel (of ted & agnes) lives in Yorkshire, where she creates 'handmade accessories and vintage whatnot'. Her passion for sewing, painting and faffing has filled her house, two barns and a caravan with untold treasure. She is the co-author of granny chic, which she wrote with Tif Fussell (Kyle Books 2012). Rachelle's work has appeared in Living etc and Prima Magazine.
- Author(s)Rachelle Blondel
- PublisherKyle Books
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintKyle Books
- Content Notecolour photographs and line illustrations throughout
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byDottie Angel
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.