All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book makes Chinese ethics theoretically more understandable through an interdisciplinary approach, from the perspectives of hermeneutics and semiotics. The Analects of Confucius are structurally analyzed so as to reveal the epistemological preconditions and pragmatic rationality implied in the maxims of this important classic. The composition, constitution, and structure of the Han Academic system are studied; other pre-Qin Chinese ideologies, like Taoist nihilism and Mencian-Confucian ethics are also discussed.
- Author BiographyLi Youzheng is Special Research Fellow at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Vice-President of the International Association for Semiotic Studies, and Advisor of the International Society for Comparative Studies of Chinese and Western Philosophy. He is the author of An Introduction to Theoretical Semiotics, The Structure of the Chinese Ethical Archetype, The Constitution of Han-Academic Ideology, and Epistemological Problems of the Comparative Humanities.
- Author(s)Youzheng Li
- PublisherEnrich Professional Publishing
- Date of Publication09/08/2012
- Series TitleThe Formation of Chinese Humanist Ethics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSilkroad Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byEnrich Professional Publishing
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.