All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionFormative assessment allows teachers to identify and close gaps in student understanding and move learning forward. This research-based book helps educators develop the kwledge and skills necessary to successfully implement formative assessment in the classroom. Margaret Heritage walks readers through every step of the process and offers specific examples to illustrate the implementation of formative assessment across a range of subject areas and grade levels. This book explains how to: - Clearly articulate learning progressions, learning goals, and success criteria - Select strategies for assessment and provide quality feedback - Engage students in self-assessment and self-management - Create a classroom environment that values feedback as part of the learning process With guidance for school administrators who want to promote schoolwide implementation, Formative Assessment helps educators effectively target their teaching and improve learning for all students.
- Author BiographyMargaret Heritage is Assistant Director for Professional Development at the National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards and Student Testing (CRESST) at UCLA, and leads the data use program of the Assessment and Accountability Comprehensive Center. Prior to joining CRESST, she had many years of teaching and leadership experience in schools in the United Kingdom and the United States, including a period as a County Inspector of Education in the United Kingdom, and as principal at the UCLA laboratory school. She has also taught graduate classes in Education at the Department of Education at the University of Warwick, England, the University of California, Los Angeles, and at Stanford University. Her current work focuses on data use for school improvement, learning progressions, formative assessment, and teachers' use of formative assessment evidence. Margaret Heritage is the co-author (with Alison Bailey) of Formative Assessment for Literacy, Grades K-6: Building Reading and Academic Language Skills Across the Curriculum, published by Corwin Press.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byH. Margaret Heritage
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.