Formative Assessment in Action: Weaving the Elements Together by Shirley Clarke (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis follow-up to Shirley Clarke's hugely popular Unlocking Formative Assessment focuses on bringing it all together in the primary classroom & how to weave all the elements of formative assessment, coherently and manageably, into everyday teaching. Uniquely, this book develops whole-lesson examples to showcase the key elements of formative assessment in action. Each chapter defines powerful aspects of formative assessment which are then exemplified in a teacher&;s own short account of a real lesson or series of lessons: how to establish clear learning objectives and success criteria; how to use questioning to transform the lesson focus and elevate thinking and learning; how to encourage self- and peer evaluation; and how to incorporate effective feedback into the lesson format through modelling and self- and paired marking. Throughout, Shirley's commentary and analysis draw on extensive classroom feedback from her teacher action-research teams across the UK, highlighting new ideas and good practice as formative assessment continues to develop and evolve. The formative assessment elements are illustrated with examples, diagrams and classroom realia, while summaries and INSET suggestions are provided at the end of each chapter. Ways of strengthening headteacher and LEA support and implementation strategies are also examined. Above all, this book will give teachers new confidence to experiment, analyse and modify their practice, to make formative assessment work in their own classrooms.
- Author BiographyShirley Clarke is an assessment consultant and trainer who is highly regarded by classroom teachers for her down-to-earth, practical approach to formative assessment, as well as a hugely successful author with an international reputation. A former primary teacher and advisory teacher, she is a popular speaker who is much in demand. Her courses and training days for teachers, and ongoing involvement in classroom research, give her both credibility and a down-to-earth perspective on day-to-day classroom realities. She was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Greenwich in 2007.
- Author(s)Shirley Clarke
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Noteb&w line & halftone
- Weight294 g
- Width189 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.23Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.