All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Individuality' is one of the central categories of modern society. Can the roots of modern individuality be found in pre-modern times? Or is our way of thinking about ourselves a very recent phemen? This book takes a theoretical approach to the problem, derived from Niklas Luhmann's system theory, in which different forms of individuality are linked to different structures of society in modern and pre-modern times. The papers in this volume approach this problem by discussing a broad variety of medieval and early modern sources, including charters and seals, letters, and naming-practices in a late medieval town. Self-representation is also considered, in 'housebooks' and drawings. Textual studies include autobiography in German Humanism, and concepts of individuality and gender in late medieval literary texts.
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationTurnhout
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols N.V.
- Weight703 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFranz-Josef Arlinghaus
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.85
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.