All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents comprehensively the science and techlogy behind the formulation of disperse systems like emulsions, suspensions, foams and others. Starting with a general introduction, the book covers a broad range of topics like the role of different classes of surfactants, stability of disperse systems, formulation of different dispersions, evaluation of formulations and many more. Many examples are included, too. Written by the experienced author and editor Tharwart Tadros, this book is indispensable for every scientist working in the field.
- Author BiographyTharwat F. Tadros is a consultant for various chemical industries. After finishing his PhD at Alexandria University, he was appointed lecturer in Physical Chemistry (1962-1966) at the same university. Between 1966 and 1969, he spent a sabbatical at the Agricultural University of Wageningen and T.N.O in Delft, the Netherlands. Thereafter he worked at I.C.I. and ZENECA until 1994, where he researched various fields of surfactants, emulsions, suspensions, microemulsions, wetting spreading and adhesion, and rheology. During that period he was also appointed visiting professor at Imperial College London, Bristol University and Reading University. In 1992, he was elected President of the International Association of Colloid and Interface Science. Since leaving ZENECA, Dr. Tadros has worked as a consultant and also given several courses in his specialized field. He is the recipient of two medals from the Royal Society of Chemistry in the UK, and has more than 250 scientific papers to his name.
- Author(s)Tharwat F. Tadros
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication02/07/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1224 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.