CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $48.06Trending at AU $49.69
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionClimbing the career ladder, prosecutor Dana Hargrove is the new chief of a major trial bureau in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office. Years in the courtroom have earned Dana the respect and admiration of her juniors and peers. A few tough wins have also sparked the envy-and contempt-of certain members of the defense bar. In the summer of 2001, Dana's plans for a well-deserved family vacation are interrupted by a few high profile cases that demand her attention. A rewned fashion designer is murdered in his posh Upper East Side townhome. An inmate, serving state time for felony murder, says the D.A. wrongly withheld evidence at his trial. A professional con man, the mastermind of a reverse mortgage scam, is blamed for leading a younger man into a life of crime. As the mysteries in these cases unfold, a common, unsavory design comes to light-Dana is the victim of a personal attack. A scurrilous media campaign can be endured, but when a criminal scheme touches Dana's family, she must strike back. In Forsaken Oath, Dana confronts the greatest challenge yet to her professional integrity as she fights to protect her good name and the sanctity of her family life.
- Author BiographyV.S. Kemanis is a California native and currently resides in New York. As an attorney, she has been a criminal prosecutor for county and state agencies, argued criminal appeals for the prosecution and defense, conducted complex civil litigation, and worked for appellate courts. Ms. Kemanis is also an accomplished dancer and has performed, taught and choreographed in California, Colorado, and New York. Short fiction by Ms. Kemanis has been published in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, The Crooked Road Volume 3 anthology, and The William & Mary Review, among others. Her stories are currently available in three award-winning collections. She is the author of the Dana Hargrove legal mystery novels, which draw on her personal experience in criminal law. Ms. Kemanis is a member of the Mystery Writers of America.
- Author(s)V S Kemanis
- PublisherOpus Nine Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpus Nine Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.