All listings for this product
Best Selling in Audio Books
- AU $45.91New
- AU $24.08New
- AU $25.21New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $35.34Trending at AU $36.02
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $44.33
- AU $47.46Trending at AU $49.56
- AU $30.80Trending at AU $33.94
- AU $33.73Trending at AU $49.08
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $45.62
- AU $36.66Trending at AU $38.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn April 1864, the Union garrison at Fort Pillow was composed of almost 600 troops, about half of them black. The Confederacy, incensed by what it saw as a crime against nature, sent its fiercest cavalry commander, Nathan Bedford Forrest, to attack the fort with about 1,500 men. The Confederates overran the fort and drove the Federals into a deadly crossfire. Only sixty-two of the colored Union troops survived the fight unwounded. Many accused the Confederates of massacring the black troops after the fort fell, when fighting should have ceased. The Fort Pillow Massacre became a Union rallying cry and cemented resolve to see the war through to its conclusion. Harry Turtledove has written a dramatic re-creation of an astounding battle, telling a bloody story of courage and hope, freedom and hatred. With brilliant characterizations of all the main figures, this is a vel that reminds us that Fort Pillow was more than a battle-it was a clash of ideas between men fighting to define what being an American ought to mean.
- Author BiographyHarry Turtledove is an award-winning full-time writer of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, and historical fiction, including the novels The Guns of the South and How Few Remain. John Allen Nelson's critically acclaimed roles on television's 24 and Vanished are among the highlights of his twenty-five-plus years as an actor, screenwriter, and film producer. As a narrator, he won an AudioFile Earphones Award for his reading of Zoo Story by Thomas French.
- Author(s)Harry Turtledove
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication11/05/2009
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)John Allen Nelson
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.