Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFort Warren was started in 1833 on Georges Island to protect the City of Boston. It was first occupied by Union Soldiers at the start of the Civil War. The government soon utilized the fort as a prison for Confederate military and political prisoners. It achieved its place in history because of many famous Confederate prisoners incarcerated within its walls. During WWI and WWII the fort, armed with huge artillery, became a mine control center for Boston Harbor. The book includes stories about the Trent Affair, the writing of the John Brown song, escapes, executions and the famous Legend of the Ghost of the Lady in Black. The print edition contains numerous photos-many published for the first time.
- Author(s)Jay Schmidt
- PublisherUbt Pressunified Business Technologies Press (Ubt Press)
- Date of Publication12/08/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUbt Pressunified Business Technologies Press (Ubt Press)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.