All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dreamer's handbook for kids-and parents-offering practical results All kids love the idea of a hideaway-a place that is theirs, parents allowed. But how on earth can they actually build one? In Forts for Kids, an inspirational yet practical guide, David Stiles, the most trusted authority on DIY building projects, shows them how. Assuming previous experience from the fort builder, the book starts with the basics for kids and their parents: how to buy wood, and essential skills such as sawing and nailing. It includes a brief history of forts and more than twenty projects ranging from the simple (a blanket and umbrella fort) to the more challenging (a stockade fort). The book even includes forts made of sw, sand, or branches. An accessories section features projects that can be made in just a few hours, such as a slide, swing, catapult, periscope, cann, and water balloon launcher.
- Author BiographyDavid Stiles is also the author of How to Build Treehouses, Huts, and Forts (Lyons Press). He and his wife, Jeanie Stiles, are the award-winning authors of twenty-one books on building projects. Their many TV appearances include NBC's The Today Show, HGTV, and the Discovery Channel. Visit them at stilesdesigns.com.
- Author(s)David Stiles
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/05/2011
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight21 g
- Width213 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.