All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the fortifications of Hasmonaean and Herodian Judaea from the middle of the second century BC, when the Maccabees rebelled against their Seleucid overlords and established an independent state, until the end of the Jewish-Roman War in AD 73.
- Author BiographySamuel Rocca was born in Milan, Italy but now lives in Jerusalem with his wife and three sons. He served with the Israeli Defense Forces, and has worked as a teacher and a curator at the Bible Lands Museum, Jerusalem. Having studied biblical and classical archaeology at undergraduate level at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, he went on to complete his MA there, before researching his PhD on Herodian Judaea at Bar-Ilan University. Samuel has given papers at numerous international conventions, and written articles for several academic journals. This is his first book for Osprey Publishing. The author lives in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Author(s)Samuel Rocco
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/05/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleFortress
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 65
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Noteb/w and col illus
- Weight245 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.