All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is one soldier's story. He brings readers right into the jungles of Vietnam, revealing the soldiers' daily hardships and their occasional opportunities for relief. Descriptions are vivid and compelling. This is a book Vietnam veterans, their families and others will want to read to better understand the daily challenges, the era, and the conflicting emotions people experienced about the U.S. particpation in that war.
- Author BiographyBill Mattson was born and raised in Connecticut. He graduated from the University of Connecticut in 1967 with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. In the fall of 1967 he began work on a Master of Science degree at the University of California, Berkeley. Work was interrupted in March 1969, however, when he received his draft notice. He completed his basic and advanced training at Fort Ord, California and continued on to Officer Candidate School at Fort Benning, Georgia. He graduated as a second lieutenant in August 1970 and worked for a year at Fort Benning before receiving his orders for Vietnam. Following his early release from the Army in 1972, Bill returned to Berkeley and earned his MS degree in Applied Economics in June 1973. He was employed for twenty-seven years by Pacific Gas and Electric Company and retired in 2000.
- Author(s)Bill Mattson
- Date of Publication26/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.