All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe need in increasing food production to meet the food and nutritional demands of the ever growing population has necessitated this attempt to unveil the strategies of fostering subsistence agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa. To achieve this, the concept of subsistence agriculture, its place in a national ecomy and impact on poverty and health prevention, the various models and strategies were examined. Its intensity and dimensions are revealed in the role it plays t only in providing food with nutritional value, immediately available to the rural people, but also in creating the basis and formation stages for commercial agriculture. The farmers, governments, extensions, and other instruments involved in subsistence agriculture are the focal point of change.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Franz-Theo Gottwald is Hon. Professor in Ecological Ethics at Humboldt University, Berlin, Visiting Professor for Stakeholder Management and Business Governance at the Academy of Social Science, Shanghai and CEO of the Schweisfurth-Foundation, Munich. Susan Keino, M.Sc. is Graduate Assistant in the School of Family Consumer at the Maseno University (Kenya). Timothy Rotimi Fayeye is Lecturer at the Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture at the University of Ilorin (Nigeria).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight270 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byFranz-Theo Gottwald,Susan Keino,Timothy Rotimi Fayeye
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.48Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.