Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFoster's Scottish Oddities is a fascinating collection of odd, bizarre and barely believable true stories. For many years, author Allen Foster has been collecting these oddities and w presents them in this brand new collection. There's the cod that swallowed a bible, the cow that fell through the ceiling, the hare that ran off with a GBP 10 te, the brothers from Dalkeith who were separated at birth but bumped into each other purely by chance in Coventry, the ocean liner that got a speeding ticket, the trawlerman swept off his boat by a huge wave then washed back on board minutes later - and much more. Foster's Scottish Oddities is a collection of strange coincidences, curious facts and extraordinary stories. If you love bizarre facts then this treasure trove of amazing true stories is a must read.
- Author BiographyAllen Foster is a writer and researcher. His previous works include a biography of George Francis Train - the inspiration for Jules Verne's Phileas Fogg - and Foster's Irish Oddities.
- Author(s)Allen Foster
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication16/04/2010
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.