All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
About this product
- DescriptionEver since it was invented in the 19th Century, photography has been used by companies for the purposes of production, communication, identification and memory. Photography has also spurred changes in social processes by showing the inhumanity of certain jobs. Far removed from advertising, where images are conceptualised in advance, industrial photography relies above all on the photographers eye, creativity and perception of places and people. That is why great photographers have worked on specific projects. Through this book, the aim of MAST Foundation is to stimulate aesthetic and strategic reflection about the use companies make of photography and, with the collaboration of Francois Hebel, director of Les Rencontres de la Photographie dArles, they created the first Biennials of Industrial Photography. For this first international edition, seventeen photographers have been selected. They have done brilliant work for companies, making it a significant part of their output. Among the vast amount of material, photographic collections and teworthy publications have been chosen, together with two photographers that, with an external eye, have documented different realities: David Goldblatt has concentrated himself on the work on the mines while Jacqueline Hassink on the places of business power. Catalogue of the fist Biennials of Industrial Photography: the new event dedicated to corporate and industrial photography. 17 admission-free exhibitions in 11 historical venues from October 3rd to 20th, 2013 in Bologna, Italy. The Isabella Seragli Foundation created the Foto Industria Bologna to stimulate thought about the aesthetic and strategic uses companies make of photography and collect quality images in connection with the photo gallery that Urs Stahel is setting up at MAST, its Arts, Experimentation and Techlogy exhibition space. The artistic director of the Biennials is Francois Hebel, director of Les Rencontres de la Photographie dArles.
- Date of Publication03/02/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1960 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.