All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichel Foucault is recognized as one of the twentieth century's most influential thinkers, however the authors in this volume contend that more use can be made of Foucault than has yet been done and that some of the uses to which Foucault has so far been put run the risk of and occasionally simply amount to misuse. This interdisciplinary volume brings together a group of esteemed scholars, recognized for their command of and insights into Foucault's oeuvre. They demonstrate the many respects in which Foucault's project of an ontology of the present remains vital and continues to yield compelling insights and show that an ontology of the present is restricted to particular terrain, but instead ranges widely and on paths that frequently intersect. The essays in this much-needed new collection address the key components of Foucault's thought, ranging from his approach to power, biopolitics and parrhesia to analysis of key texts such as Folie et Deraison and Histoire de la sexualite. This collection will spark debate amongst students and scholars alike and demonstrates that that every further encounter with Foucault's corpus is more likely than t to demand a revisiting of interpretations already formulated, conclusions already drawn, uses already devised. Contributors include Didier Eribon, Eric Fassin, John Forrester, Ian Hacking, Lynne Huffer, Colin Koopman, James Laidlaw, Laurence McFalls, Mariella Pandolfi, Paul Rabiw and Cary Wolfe.
- Author BiographyJames Faubion is professor of anthropology at Rice University. His previous publications include Foucault's Genealogy of Ethics, in A Companion to Moral Anthropology, edited by Didier Fassin (Wiley, 2012) and An Anthropology of Ethics (Cambridge, 2011) with George Marcus, ed.
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Weight378 g
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJames Faubion
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.