All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- Description'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths in York' reveals that behind York's gentile fa?ade hides a dark past. Once England's second city, it is built on a thousand years of bloodshed, from war to ble rebellion, death has tracked the city's footsteps.The foul deeds and suspicious deaths that are included in these pages, start with the details of the early history of punishment in York and close with the city's only unsolved murder. From 1800-1946 covers the period that saw York slide from Georgian splendor to an overpopulated, seething walled slum, before re-emerging after World War Two. 'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths in York' tells the story of some of the city's darkest moments: from Hanging Bishops to Sweet Toothed Poisoners; Insane Arsonists to Murder of the most foul kind.Take a journey into the darker and unkwn side of your area as you read 'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths in York'.
- Author BiographyKeith Henson was born in Doncaster. He was educated to High School level then moved on to be a Session Musician. From this career he became an Outward Bound Instructor, and now his present day occupation is photographer and antique preservation archivist. Keith has had several short stories published, but this is his first publication with Wharncliffe Books.
- Author(s)Keith Henson
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleFoul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWharncliffe Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.