All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text presents the principles and practices for the selection and design of foundations of structures in a simple and concise manner. Codal references have been given to acquaint students with prevalent methodologies adopted in each country. The book also covers machine foundations, foundations on problematic soil and ground improvement techniques. Solved examples and multiple choice questions are included to help readers understand principles and memorise important details for practical application. The book is primarily intended for undergraduate and postgraduate students of civil engineering, though it will also be useful for research scholars and practicing engineers in the field.
- Author BiographyBikash Chandra Chattopadhyay, Ph.D., is Professor of Civil Engineering at Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, Kolkata. He has been Head of Civil Engineering Department, Dean of Research and Consultancy, and Coordinator of Quality Improvement Programme at Bengal Engineering and Science University [BESUS (presently IIEST)], Shibpur, India. Dr. Chattopadhyay has been engaged in teaching geotechnical engineering, research and consultancy over last 44 years and received Leonard's award for best Ph.D. thesis from IGS in 1987 and has published several books in the areas of his specialisation and more than 120 research papers in national and international conferences Joyanta Maity, is Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering Department at Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, Kolkata, India. He is actively engaged in teaching civil engineering students for about a decade. His research interests include alternative materials and use of natural geofibers in civil engineering. He has published more than 10 research papers in different national and international conferences and journals.
- Author(s)Bikash Chandra Chattopadhyay,Joyanta Maity
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.