Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe've all sneaked the odd five minutes here or there playing the latest Flash game that someone sent round the office, but creating those games is trickier than it looks. The aim of Foundation Game Design with Flash is to take you, even if you've minimal multimedia or programming experience, through a series of step-by-step examples and detailed case studies to the point where you'll have the skills to independently design any conceivable 2D game using Flash and ActionScript. The book is a n-technical one-stop-shop for all the most important skills and techniques a beginner game designer needs to build games with Flash from scratch. Whether you're creating quick blasts of viral amusement, or more in-depth action or adventure titles, this book is for you. * Focused and friendly introduction to designing games with Flash and ActionScript *5 detailed case studies of Flash games * Essential techniques for building games, with each chapter gently building on the skills of preceding chapters What you'll learn * Learn how to build interactive movies and objects with Flash * Get a thorough grounding in ActionScript 3.0 and good programming practices, with minimal prior programming experience required * Discover how to build interactive storybooks, space-shooter, adventure and drag-and-Drop games. * Master collision detection, Enemy AI systems, player control, managing game data, basic physics and trigometry. * Make use of design patterns and OOP techniques to build robust games. * Understand the strategies for making games fun to play and easy to build. Who this book is for This book is for a n-technical creative person who wants to learn the art of videogame design, but has idea where to start or where to look for help. It is a lucid, friendly and step-by-step guide though all the technical and creative issues involved in game design with Flash and ActionScript. The book treats the art of programming as a creative artistic tool, and will help anyone who may be afraid of programming to love the subject as much as the author does. The techniques in the book are comprehensive eugh to form the basis of career as a game designer, and form a solid foundation for continued study of programming and ActionScript. This book is the missing link that will guide and inspire any curious and creative person turn a good game idea into a reality. Table of Contents * Programming Foundations: How to Make a Video Game * Making Objects * Programming Objects * Controlling Movie Clip Objects * Decision Making * Controlling a Player Character * Bumping into Things * Object-Oriented Game Design * Platform Game: Physics and Data Management * Advanced Object and Character Control
- Author BiographyRex van der Spuy is a video game designer and writer. He s written Foundation Game Design with Flash, Advanced Game Design with Flash and Foundation Game Design with AS3.0. Rex has designed games and done interactive interface programming Agency Interactive (Dallas), Scottish Power (Edinburgh), DC Interact (London), Draught Associates (London), and the Bank of Montreal (Canada). He also builds game engines and interactive interfaces for museum installations for PixelProject (Cape Town). In addition, he created and taught advanced courses in game design for the Canadian School of India (Bangalore, India). When not writing about games, making them, or playing them, he amuses himself by building experimental, autonomous, self-aware, multi-cellular parallel universes out of shoe boxes, scotch tape, spare milk bottle caps and bits of string . He claims, that this is a lot more entertaining than you might think, but we re skeptical.
- Author(s)Rex van der Spuy
- Date of Publication28/02/2009
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFriends of Ed
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1140 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.