Foundation iPhone App Development: Build an iPhone App in 5 Days with IOS SDK by Nick Kuh (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a hands-on learning approach, Foundation iPhone App Development: Build An iPhone App in 5 Days with iOS 6 SDK quickly enables existing programmers to become familiar and comfortable coding Objective-C using Xcode 4.5, Storyboarding and the iOS 6 SDK to create apps for the iPhone. Nick Kuh, an experienced, Apple award-winning developer, will teach readers how to build an iOS 6 iPhone app from start to finish in 5 days. During a 5-day process you will learn how to build a professional, custom-designed, object-oriented iPhone App. You'll start with a PhotoShop PSD design and an app idea. Then, throughout the remainder of the book, Nick will guide you through each stage of building the app. But it's you who will build the app. You will learn how to think like an app developer, how to turn an idea into a beautiful iPhone app. In addition to the code and programming practices introduced, the book includes numerous tips, tricks and lessons learned to help new iPhone App developers succeed on the App Store: SEO, in-app marketing approaches and how to win more 5 star reviews. The 5-day learning process is divided into the following key stages: * Day 1 begins with the initial planning, paper prototyping and Photoshop design phases of an app idea. You'll learn how to provision your iOS apps for deployment to your iPhone. By the end of your first day you'll get to learn on the job, creating an Object-Oriented Black Jack Game that implements the Model View Controller paradigm in Objective C. * Day 2 is all about Storyboarding: creating and connecting all of the user interface views of our app. * Day 3 begins with table views and data population. By the end of the third day you'll be knee-deep in Core Data: building a data model and creating an editable, persistent data storage solution for your app. * By Day 4 you'll be learning how to communicate with Facebook using Apple's new Social framework introduced in iOS 6. * Day 5 kicks off with code and methods to add in-app social network marketing to your app. With your completed app you'll then learn how to submit an App to Apple alongside numerous tips and tricks to improve your chances of success and visibility in this unique marketplace. From start to finish, this book inherits Nick's tried and tested methods to build beautiful native iPhone Apps efficiently. After reading and using this book, you'll come away with a core iOS development process and coding concepts that can be re-used and applied to your own iPhone app projects. Moreover, you'll gain an understanding of how to architect your own apps, write reusable code and implement best practices for faster productivity and maybe even make some money, too. What you'll learn * How to develop with Xcode, write Objective-C and work with the latest iOS SDK * Why and how to create Navigation Hierarchies and Table View Controllers, for making life easier * How to design, plan and develop an iPhone app from the initial app idea to App Store submission * How to Storyboard and implement a custom-designed User Interface * How to work with Core Data to build an offline caching solution * How to implement asynchrous HTTP API calls to download and display images * How to use the new iOS Appearance APIs for custom design implementation and make beautiful apps * How to increase your app's chances for success in the App Store Who this book is for This book is for existing programmers--programmers who have already mastered ather object oriented language and wish to become proficient programming Objective C for writing iPhone Apps using Xcode. Table of ContentsDay 1: Objective C, Xcode and iOS SDK Foundation work Chapter 1: Design and Planning of our App: Chapter 2: Provisioning our App for Development Chapter 3: Setting Up Our Xcode Project Chapter 4: Objective-C and Xcode: Developing a Blackjack Game Day 2: Storyboarding the User Interface Chapter 5: iPhone App Navigation, Views and View Controllers Chapter 6: Views, Controls, Came
- Author BiographyNick Kuh is a Freelance iPhone, iPad, iOS Developer and Consultant based in Brighton, UK with over 12 years experience developing commercial software. Nick has been developing native iOS Apps since the iPhone first launched. His indepth understanding of the iOS Platform is backed up by an extensive portfolio which includes: architecting and leading large commercial projects, popular personal projects like Tap to Chat (with over a million downloads in it's first year) and great award-winning Apps recognised and featured by Apple (including an App of the Week award for Portfolio to Go).
- Author(s)Nick Kuh
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight799 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.