CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionEngineering mechanics is the branch of engineering that applies the laws of mechanics in design, and is at the core of every machine that is designed. This book offers a comprehensive discussion of the fundamental theories and principles of engineering mechanics. It begins by explaining the laws and idealization of mechanics, and then establishes the equation of equilibrium for a rigid body and free body diagram (FBD), along with their applications. Chapters on method of virtual work and mechanical vibration discuss in detail important topics such as principle of virtual work, potential energy and equilibrium and free vibration. The book also introduces the elastic spring method for finding deflection in beams and uses a simple integration method to calculate centroid and moment of inertia. This volume will serve as a useful textbook for undergraduates and engineering students studying engineering mechanics.
- Author BiographyH. D. Ram is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Uttar Pradesh. He has more than thirty years of teaching experience at undergraduate level, and has taught courses in engineering mechanics, strength of materials, fluid mechanics, experimental stress analysis and mechanical vibrations. He served as head examiner for the engineering mechanics course on the central evaluation committee of Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, for fourteen years. His areas of interest are stress analysis, vibrations and dynamics and kinematics of machines. A. K. Chauhan is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Uttar Pradesh. He obtained his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. He has contributed to peer-review journals and has taught courses on machine design, engineering mechanics and theory of machines at the undergraduate level. His areas of interest are tribology, material science and machine design.
- Author(s)A.K. Chauhan,H. D. Ram
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight920 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.