All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe author focuses on how to provide effective individual treatment within psychoeducational and psychotherapeutic groups, and examines the structural properties of such groups as organizational entities in their own right. The book is divided into two main parts, covering foundations and applications. The former looks at the history and epistemology of the grouping process, considering both practical and philosophical questions. The latter looks at specific psychoeducational and psychotherapeutic uses of the group medium, from which the reader can expect to gain both an in-depth understanding of the human grouping process and a practical kwledge of how to organize, facilitate, and manage collective treatment regimens. The final chapter of the book considers the logistics of small-group participation and the mythic roots of small-group culture. Although each chapter can be read as a discrete unit, they are linked and sequenced by recurrent motifs, consistent structural analyses, and a generalized perspective about collective dynamics.
- Author BiographyMark F Ettin is a clinical psychologist, certified group psychotherapist and Adjunct Medical School Professor and private practitioner. He is the inaugural recipient (1996) of the American Group Psychotherapy Foundation's award for excellence in psychodynamic group theory.
- Author(s)Mark F. Ettin
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Library of Group Analysis
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.