All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionJoin the authors who have an extensive record of teaching success in today's Introduction to Business course with the fifth edition of the best-selling FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS. This up-to-date, comprehensive survey of business addresses forms of business ownership, management and organization, human resources management, marketing, social media and e-business, information systems, accounting, and finance. Core topics emphasize ethics and social responsibility, small business and entrepreneurship, and global issues, while new coverage examines cutting-edge topics, such as the impact of social media on business, the ecomic recovery and remaining ecomic problems, international business, green and socially responsible business, and sustainability. In addition to revitalized content, this edition provides more accessible, effective, and student-friendly support, such as MindTap online personalized learning experience w with decision-making exercises.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Hughes (Ph.D., University of North Texas) specializes in business administration and college instruction. He has taught Introduction to Business for more than 35 years both on campus and online for Richland College, one of seven campuses that are part of the Dallas County Community College District. In addition to BUSINESS and FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS, published by Cengage Learning, he has authored college textbooks in personal finance and business mathematics and served as a content consultant for two popular national television series, It's Strictly Business and Dollars & Sense: Personal Finance for the 21st Century. He is also the co-author of a new online Introduction to Business course for Dallas County Community Colleges that accompanies the FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS text. In addition, he is lead author for a business math project utilizing artificial intelligence and computer-assisted instruction funded by the ALEKS Corporation. He is active in many academic and professional organizations and has served as a consultant and investment adviser to individuals, businesses, and charitable organizations. Dr. Hughes is the recipient of three different Teaching in Excellence Awards at Richland College. According to Dr. Hughes, after 35 years of teaching Introduction to Business, the course is still exciting: There's nothing quite like the thrill of seeing students succeed, especially in a course like Introduction to Business, which provides the foundation for not only academic courses, but also life in the real world. Jack R. Kapoor (Ed.D., Northern Illinois University) is professor of business and economics in the Business and Technology Division at the College of DuPage, where he has taught Introduction to Business, Marketing, Management, Economics, and Personal Finance since 1969. He previously taught at Illinois Institute of Technology's Stuart School of Management, San Francisco State University's School of World Business, and other colleges. Professor Kapoor was awarded the Business and Services Division's Outstanding Professor Award. He has also served as an Assistant National Bank Examiner for the U.S. Treasury Department and as an international trade consultant to Bolting Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Mumbai, India. Dr. Kapoor is known internationally as a coauthor of several textbooks, including FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS, 5E (Cengage Learning). He has served as a content consultant for the popular national television series The Business File: An Introduction to Business and has developed two full-length audio courses in business and personal finance. He has been quoted in many national newspapers and magazines, including USA Today, U.S. News & World Report, the Chicago Sun-Times, Crain's Small Business, the Chicago Tribune, and other publications. Dr. Kapoor has traveled around the world and has studied business practices in capitalist, socialist, and communist countries. William Pride (Ph.D., Louisiana State University) is a professor of marketing in the Mays Business School, Texas A&M University. In addition to this text, he is co-author of a market-leading principles of marketing book. Dr. Pride's research interests include advertising, promotion, and distribution channels, and his research articles have appeared in major professional journals, such as the Journal of Marketing, the Journal of Marketing Research, the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and the Journal of Advertising. Dr. Pride is a member of the American Marketing Association, Academy of Marketing Science, Society for Marketing Advances, and the Marketing Management Association. He has received the Marketing Fellow Award from the Society of Marketing Advances and the Marketing Innovation Award from the Marketing Management Association. Both of these are lifetime achievement awards.
- Author(s)Jack R. Kapoor,Robert Hughes,William M. Pride
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/02/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1043 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.