Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFoundations of Contemporary Interpretation seeks to identify and clarify the basic problems of interpretation that affect our reading of the Bible today. This unique volume provides a comprehensive and systematic coverage of the field of general hermeneutics. Foundations of Contemporary Interpretation examines the impact of specific academic disciplines on the interpretation of the Bible. Previously published as separate volumes, its various sections explore the interface between hermeneutics and literary criticism, linguistics, history, science, and theology. Included in Foundations of Contemporary Interpretation , each with its own separate table of contents, are: Has the Church Misread the Bible? - Moises Silva; Literary Approaches to Biblical Interpretation - Tremper Longman III; God, Language, and Scripture - Moises Silva; The Art of Biblical History - V. Philips Long; Science and Hermeneutics - Vern S. Poythress; and The Study of Theology - Richard A. Muller. These six sections cover the interface between hermeneutics and the major disciplines.
- Author BiographyTremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is the Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies and the chair of the religious studies department at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California where he lives with his wife, Alice. He is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Bible Studies. V. Phillips Long (Ph.D., Cambridge) is at Regent College, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Richard A. Muller (Ph.D., Duke) is professor of historical theology at Calvin Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids, MI. Dr. Vern Poythress (PhD, Harvard University; DTh, University of Stellenbach, 1981) is professor of New Testament interpretation at Westminster Theological Seminary. In addition to numerous journal articles and essays, he is author of many books including Symphonic Theology, Understanding Dispensationalists, God-Centered Biblical Interpretation, The Returning King, and The Gender-Neutral Bible Controversy. Moises Silva (PhD, University of Manchester) is a writer and editor who previously taught biblical studies at Westmont College, Westminster Theological Seminary, and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He is the revising editor of the Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible and the author of six books, including Biblical Words and Their Meaning, a commentary on Philippians, and Interpreting Galatians. He has also coauthored two books and written numerous articles for scholarly journals. Silva also served as editor of the Westminster Theological Journal for fifteen years.
- Date of Publication17/08/1996
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1096 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byMoises Silva
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.