All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis two-volume introduction to differential geometry, part of Wiley's popular Classics Library, lays the foundation for understanding an area of study that has become vital to contemporary mathematics. It is completely self-contained and will serve as a reference as well as a teaching guide. Volume 1 presents a systematic introduction to the field from a brief survey of differentiable manifolds, Lie groups and fibre bundles to the extension of local transformations and Riemannian connections. The second volume continues with the study of variational problems on geodesics through differential geometric aspects of characteristic classes. Both volumes familiarize readers with basic computational techniques.
- Author BiographyShoshichi Kobayashi was born January 4, 1932 in Kofu, Japan. After obtaining his mathematics degree from the University of Tokyo and his Ph.D. from the University of Washington, Seattle, he held positions at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, at MIT and at the University of British Columbia between 1956 and 1962, and then moved to the University of California, Berkeley, where he is now Professor in the Graduate School.Kobayashi's research spans the areas of differential geometry of real and complex variables, and his numerous resulting publications include several book: Foundations of Differential Geometry with K. Nomizu, Hyperbolic Complex Manifolds and Holomorphic Mappings and Differential Geometry of Complex Vector Bundles.
- Author(s)Katsumi Nomizu,Shoshichi Kobayashi
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/1996
- Series TitleWiley Classics Library
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteindex
- Weight552 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.