All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
About this product
- DescriptionAn engaging book for professional educators and an ideal textbook for certificate, masters, and doctoral programs in educational techlogy, instructional systems and learning design, Foundations of Educational Techlogy, Second Edition offers a fresh, interdisciplinary, problem-centered approach to the subject, helping students build extensive tes and an electronic portfolio as they navigate the text. The book addresses fundamental aspects of educational techlogy theory, research and practice that span various users, contexts and settings; includes a full range of engaging exercises for students that will contribute to their professional growth; and offers the following 4-step pedagogical features inspired by M. D. Merrill's First Principles of Instruction: * TELL: Primary presentations and pointers to major sources of information and resources * ASK: Activities that encourage students to critique applications and share their individual interpretations * SHOW: Activities that demonstrate the application of key concepts and complex skills with appropriate opportunities for learner responses * DO: Activities in which learners apply key concepts and complex skills while working on practice assignments and/or projects to be created for their electronic portfolios The second edition of this textbook covers the core objectives addressed in introductory educational techlogy courses while adding new sections on mobile learning, MOOCs, open educational resources, big data, and learning analytics along with suggestions to instructors and appendices on effective writing, professional associations, journal and trade magazines.
- Author BiographyJ. Michael Spector is Professor and former Chair of the Department of Learning Technologies at the University of North Texas, USA. Dr. Spector has served as Executive Vice President on the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (ibstpi), on the Executive Committee of the IEEE Learning Technology Task Force, and as past-President of the Association for Educational and Communications Technology (AECT). He was lead editor on the third and fourth editions of the Handbook of Research on Educational Communications and Technology, edited the Encylopedia of Educational Technology, and has more than 150 journal articles, book chapters, and books to his credit.
- Author(s)J. Michael Spector
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Approaches to Educational Technology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.