All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a practical, thorough understanding of how factor analysis works, Foundations of Factor Analysis, Second Edition discusses the assumptions underlying the equations and procedures of this method. It also explains the options in commercial computer programs for performing factor analysis and structural equation modeling. This long-awaited edition takes into account the various developments that have occurred since the publication of the original edition. New to the Second Edition * A new chapter on the multivariate rmal distribution, its general properties, and the concept of maximum-likelihood estimation * More complete coverage of descriptive factor analysis and doublet factor analysis * A rewritten chapter on analytic oblique rotation that focuses on the gradient projection algorithm and its applications * Discussions on the developments of factor score indeterminacy * A revised chapter on confirmatory factor analysis that addresses philosophy of science issues, model specification and identification, parameter estimation, and algorithm derivation Presenting the mathematics only as needed to understand the derivation of an equation or procedure, this textbook prepares students for later courses on structural equation modeling. It enables them to choose the proper factor analytic procedure, make modifications to the procedure, and produce new results.
- Author BiographyStanley A. Mulaik is a Professor Emeritus in the School of Psychology at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Stanley A. Mulaik
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Statistics in the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 37 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.