Foundations of Family Therapy: Conceptual Framework for Systems Change by Lynn Hoffman (Hardback, 1981)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf all the therapeutic modalities in force today, ne shows greater promise for dramatic personal change than the fast-growing field of family therapy. Yet discipline is more lacking in a unified theoretical framework.Now, in this brilliant new work, Lynn Hoffman, ted therapist and, with Jay Haley, author of Techniques of Family Therapy (Basic Books, 1968) provides the much-needed synthesis that weaves together the diverse themes and concepts around which family theory and therapy have evolved. Sweeping in its coverage, solidly researched yet consistently lively and readable, Foundations of Family Therapy is unique in the way it successfully bridges the gap between the family field and other social sciences.Starting with Gregory Bateson's seminal ideas on social fields, the book examines key concepts that have come to family therapy from general systems theory, tably the cybernetic paradigm. The author looks closely at the early studies of combination patterns in schizophrenic families and then connects this research with related work on family typology and on the whole range of emotional disorders.The second part of the book explores the major schools of family therapy and such figures as Minuchin, Bowen, Whitaker, Haley, Erickson, and Ackerman, as well as the revolutionary work of Selvini Palazzoli and her associates in Milan. Bold in conception, beautifully integrative, Foundations of Family Therapy conveys the excitement of the growth of ideas, while at the same time giving the reader a systematic and coherent overview of family therapy as it is practiced today. Both clinicians and researchers will recognize it as the major synthesis of contemporary family therapy.
- Author BiographyLugi Boscolo is co-director of the Centro Milanese di Terapia della Famiglia.Gianfranco Cecchin is co-director of the Centro Milanese di Terapia della Famiglia.Lynn Hoffman is the author of Foundations of Family Therapy (Basic Books, 1981) and, with Jay Haley, of Techniques of Family Therapy (Basic Books, 1967).Peggy Penn is director of training at the Ackerman Institute of Family Therapy.
- Author(s)Lynn Hoffman
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication17/07/1981
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Out-of-print date17/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.