All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to provide the highest level of care to patients and clients, health professionals need a sound kwledge and understanding of healthcare ethics. Foundations of Healthcare Ethics: Theory to Practice focuses on the philosophical concepts underpinning contemporary ethical discourse for health professionals, and arms both students and professionals with the kwledge to tackle situations of moral uncertainty in clinical practice. Specially written to provide an in-depth study into the theoretical foundations of healthcare ethics, it covers a range of rmative ethical theories, from virtue ethics to utilitarianism, while also investigating their application to contemporary issues in health care and society. It provides opportunities for self-directed learning, and presents questions and case studies to facilitate engagement and discussion. Foundations of Healthcare Ethics provides both students and professionals with an understanding of the philosophy governing healthcare ethics in order to help provide a better level of care to patients and clients.
- Author BiographyProfessor Janis T. Ozolins is currently Professor in Philosophy at the Australian Catholic University. He has taught and published widely in the areas of Ethics and Philosophy, both in Australia and overseas. Joanne Grainger is a registered nurse, healthcare ethicist and post-graduate course coordinator for the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine at the Australian Catholic University (ACU). Currently completing a Doctor of Education at Melbourne University, Joanne also lectures in the area of sports ethics for the Masters of High Performance Sport course at ACU. In 2010, Joanne was awarded the prestigious Edmund Pellegrino Fellowship in Bioethics from Georgetown University in Washington DC, the first registered nurse and Australian to receive this award. Also in 2010, Joanne received the Mary Philippa Brazill Foundation national grant for the development of online healthcare ethics education units specifically for post-graduate nurses and midwives across Australia. In 2012, Joanne was conferred the Australian Catholic University Excellence in Teaching award for her leadership in healthcare ethics education at the university and in the public sphere. She has interests in the scholarship areas of military ethics, simulation education pedagogy, and research ethics, and is passionate about the academic work and life of Pope John Paul II.
- Author(s)Joanne Grainger,John T. Ozolins
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/04/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.