All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook brings together the main developments in n-cooperative game theory from the 1950s to the present. After opening with a number of lively examples, Ritzberger starts by considering the theory of decisions under uncertainty. He then turns to representations of games, first introducing extensive forms and then rmal forms. The remainder of the text is devoted to solution theory, going from basic solution concepts like rationalizable strategies, Nash equilibrium, and correlated equilibrium to refinements of Nash equilibrium. Foundations of Non-Cooperative Game Theory covers all material relevant for a first graduate course in game theory, plus some issues only touched on by other texts. In particular, this book contains an in-depth discussion of perfect recall and related concepts, including a proof of Kuhn's theorem. It provides an introduction to the Thompson transformations for extensive forms, and a section on the reflection of extensive form structures in rmal form games. In addition to the standard material on basic solution concepts, strategy subsets closed under rational behavior are covered, as well as fixed sets under the best-reply correspondence. Refinements of Nash equilibrium driven by backwards induction in the extensive form or by strategy trembles in the rmal form are presented, and strategic stability, the geometry of the Nash equilibrium correspondence, and index theory for Nash equilibrium components are discussed in depth. Ritzberger provides numerous examples and exercises to aid the reader's understanding, most of which are motivated by applications of game theory in ecomics. While advanced mathematical machinery is used on occasions, an effort has been made to include as many explanations for formal concepts as possible, making this text an invaluable tool for teachers, students, and researchers of microecomics and game theory.
- Author BiographyKlaus Ritzberger is Chairman of the Department of Economics and Finance at the Institute for Advanced Studies, Vienna.
- Author(s)Klaus Ritzberger
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2002
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous figures
- Weight537 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.