All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussion of Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun) and contemporary texts of ancient China form the bedrock of modern Chinese medicine practice, yet these classic texts contain many concepts that are either hard to understand or confusing. Based on over thirty years' medical practice, and study of the texts, this book explains the concepts involved so that the clinical applications of the ancient texts can be better understood and put into practice. The author looks at the larger context of ancient Chinese culture and philosophy in terms of theoretical kwledge, scholarly approach, and mindset in order to explain the basis for the medical texts. He also discusses the work of later Chinese medical scholars in elucidating the texts. He then goes on to look at more specific issues, such as the six conformations, zang-fu organ theory, the theory of qi and blood, the theory of qi transformation, and how these are understood in the ancient texts. He also discusses shao yang and tai yang theory; the element of time, and its place in understanding six conformations diseases. This remarkable work of scholarship will clarify many questions about the interpretation of the ancient texts for modern use, and will find a place on the bookshelf of every practitioner of Chinese medicine, as well as on those of scholars of Chinese medicine.
- Author BiographyGuohui Liu, M.Med., L.Ac., has been studying and practising Chinese medicine for over thirty years. He gained his Bachelor's and Master's degrees at Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, where, in 1994, he later became Associate Professor. Dr. Liu currently serves on the faculty of the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine. He runs workshops across Europe and the United States on various aspects of Chinese medicine and has written numerous books and articles in Chinese about medicine and the classic texts, including Warm Pathogen Diseases. Dr. Liu is the author of Discussion of Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun): Commentaries and Clinical Applications, also published by Singing Dragon. He lives in Portland, Oregon, where he maintains a private practice.
- Author(s)Guohiu Liu
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Weight635 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byCharles Buck
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $93.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.