All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhen gazing at the city's impressive skyline, we too often forget the table individuals who built these grand and glittering buildings, as well as the nearby museums, parks and neighborhoods we also treasure. Reflected in the character, reputation and even design of our city, the legacy of the early settlers continues on today. Through their efforts, almost always imbued with a civic entrepreneurial spirit, they stamped their mark on our burgeoning regional reputation, while also allowing current leaders to bolster and broaden our national reputation. From its very beginnings, Cincinnati offered an enticing combination of personable welcome and worldly sophistication. At one point, Cincinnati had more native-born residents than any other American city, a testament to the values that attracted and retained its citizens. In Founders and Famous Families of Cincinnati, author Wendy Hart Beckman brings to life the founding families' histories, sharing these intertwined and fascinating tales with readers near and far. A charming history of lives lived large -- truly the Who's Who (as well as the When and Where) of Cincinnati -- that when considered together, made the Queen City the great place to live and work that it is today.
- Author BiographyWendy Hart Beckman is an award-winning freelance writer and editor. Founders and Famous Families of Cincinnati is her sixth book. She has published more than 300 articles in print and online publications, and has received a baker's dozen of awards for her writing, editing, and desktop publishing. Her articles have been published in Writer's Digest, Cincinnati Magazine, M.D. News Magazine, Cincinnati Enquirer, and elsewhere. Beckman's bachelor's degrees are in geology and natural science/technical communications. She has a master's degree in English--with a concentration in editing and publishing--and a graduate certificate in professional writing from UC. Beckman's hobbies are singing, reading, and writing. When she's not engaged in those activities, she can be found with one of her paintball teams, working on behalf of the nonprofit that she co-founded, Athletes Joined Against Spondylitis. She lives in Cincinnati with her husband and three sons, and sings with the historic Cincinnati May Festival.
- Author(s)Wendy Hart Beckman
- PublisherClerisy Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClerisy Press
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout
- Weight271 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.